At Origen we have an exciting opportunity for a Transformation & Quality Manager to be part of shaping the worlds future by decarbonizing hard-to-abate industry and removing CO2 from the atmosphere. We aim to be the global leader in carbon dioxide removal solutions.
Our vision is “The Atmosphere Restored.” We have successfully developed a technology to decarbonize carbon-intensive minerals production, which can be leveraged to remove billions of tonnes of CO2 from the atmosphere. This is the industrial scale needed, to mitigate the worst effects and reverse climate change.
At Origen, we believe in Blue Sky DOING, and translating thinking into action. In partnership with Singleton Birch, a leading independent lime manufacturer, we have constructed a pilot plant that demonstrates Origen’s differentiated approach to producing zero-carbon lime. We have strong traction and line of sight to follow-on commercial scale projects in both the US and UK, in the lime sector and beyond.
In addition to decarbonizing the lime sector (a 400 Mtpa CO2 emission opportunity in itself), our zero-carbon lime enables multiple pathways to carbon dioxide removal. One of those CO2 removal pathways includes the recently announced Stripe-led Frontier awarded project Calcite-Origen which will remove >1,000 tonnes of CO2 using our pilot kiln and the 8 Rivers invented Calcite air contactor. The combination of technologies is an exciting collaboration between companies and has the potential to rapidly reach giga-tonne scale at a cost of <$100/t. In parallel to this Direct Air Capture partnership, Origen continues to advance its own R&D efforts on lime-based Carbon Dioxide Removal. This has never been a better time, come join the team
your part to play
Origen is seeking an experienced, self-motivated Transformation & Quality Manager who can embody and apply our values: Curiosity; Persistence; Collaboration; Transparency; Simplicity.
Reporting into the COO, the Transformation & Quality Manager will sit within the Operations business function and act as a Business Partner to the Operations, Commercial, Engineering & R&D business functions. You will work with Executives, SLT members and colleagues to establish and deliver a consistent ‘Origen’ way of working focusing on 1) quality management, and 2) Origen’s plethora of business activities – this could range from coordinating an impactful company away day(s) to leading on a multi-million dollar bids. Your role will have a mandate across the entire organisation
You will be meticulous, organised, diligent, agile, have a strong sense of initiative and a focus on outcome and delivery. You will have experience in structured ‘agile’ project management; lean operating models, and; ISO9001 environments.
what you’ll be doing.
• Initially developing a strategy to implement a ‘business management system’ in accorandce with ISO9001 into Origen, focusing on priority and balancing available resources.
• Coordinating the activities that underpin a ‘quality management’ framework in accordance with ISO9001.
• Support the Commercial function in coordinating and project managing Origen’s bids and applications across it’s operating geographies, including managing internal and external contributors and stakeholders.
• Supporting the ‘People & Culture’ function to execute it’s people strategy including, for instance: reward, onboarding, and business/operational set-up in various geographies.
• Supporting the Operational function in the development of standardised business processes along with the development, establishment and efficient operation of the Origen standard operating model.
• Creation of a standardised KPI matrix or Balance Scorecard to monitor operatitonal performance.
• Identification, procurement and integration of new systems into the business.
skills & qualities we are looking for
• Lean Six Sigma (or demonstrable equivalent experience).
• PRINCE2, Waterfall, Agile (or demonstrable equivalent experience).
• ISO9001 auditor / practitioner (or demonstrable equivalent experience).
• Working knowledge of risk register methodology; GANTT chart development; KPI dashboard / Balance Scorecard development and reporting.
• ‘Can do attitude’; ability to utilise initiative to identify demand ‘hot spots’, prioritise, form a plan and execute towards a solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with both internal and external, junior and senior stakeholders.
• Experience in collaborating with Senior Management and turning business strategic objectives into detailed structured plans.
what we can offer.
For the successful Transformation & Quality Manager, a competitive salary & package (reflective of experience) is on offer including share options; bonus, and; performance dialogue and reward scheme is available. The role is home-based however we do have a base in the Greater Manchester area. We also offer a ‘grown-up’ / common-sense approach to working-hours to provide the flexibility to ensure an optimal work-life balance.