At Origen we have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to be part of shaping the worlds future by decarbonizing hard-to-abate industry and removing CO2 from the atmosphere. We aim to be the global leader in carbon dioxide removal solutions.
Our vision is “The Atmosphere Restored.” We have successfully developed a technology to decarbonize carbon-intensive minerals production, which can be leveraged to remove billions of tonnes of CO2 from the atmosphere. This is the industrial scale needed, to mitigate the worst effects and reverse climate change.
At Origen, we believe in Blue Sky DOING, and translating thinking into action. In partnership with Singleton Birch, a leading independent lime manufacturer, we have constructed a pilot plant that demonstrates Origen’s differentiated approach to producing zero-carbon lime. We have strong traction and line of sight to follow-on commercial scale projects in both the US and UK, in the lime sector and beyond.
In addition to decarbonizing the lime sector (a 400 Mtpa CO2 emission opportunity in itself), our zero-carbon lime enables multiple pathways to carbon dioxide removal. One of those CO2 removal pathways includes the recently announced Stripe-led Frontier awarded project Calcite-Origen which will remove >1,000 tonnes of CO2 using our pilot kiln and the 8 Rivers invented Calcite air contactor. The combination of technologies is an exciting collaboration between companies and has the potential to rapidly reach giga-tonne scale at a cost of <$100/t. In parallel to this Direct Air Capture partnership, Origen continues to advance its own R&D efforts on lime-based Carbon Dioxide Removal. This has never been a better time, come join the team!
What you’ll be doing.
- Assist with compiling and authoring technical manuals.
- Commission and operate first-of-a-kind systems under the guidance of technical leads.
- Manage and build a comprehensive documentation system relating to our capital engineering projects and collate for easy reference and access.
- Assist with compiling and authoring technical manuals
- Commision and operate first-of-a-kind systems under the guidance of technical leads
- Complete and close out quality documentation, safety assessments & reports, and ensure adherence to international regulations & requirements.
- Establish and maintain accurate project progress for direct comparison to programme requirements/milestones.
- Identify gaps or missing information within the project, and allocate tasks to the engineering & operational team accordingly.
- Work with lead engineers to develop briefs and scoping for FEED studies.
Skills & qualities we are looking for.
- Qualifications within an engineering or scientific-related discipline (e.g. Chemical, Mechanical, Geology).
- Recent experience supporting capital engineering projects over £10m.
- A genuine passion for climate-focused solutions using novel technology.
- Confidence to gain stakeholder buy-in at various levels, and report progress to senior leadership team when required.
- An appreciation for the importance of detailed documenetation within an engineering and development environment.
What we can offer.
For the successful Project Engineer, a competitive salary & package (reflective of experience) is on offer including share options; bonus, and; performance dialogue and reward scheme is available. The role is home-based however we do offer access to a nationwide network of co-working spaces and a base in the Hull area at our Pilot site. We also offer a ‘grown-up’ / common-sense approach to working-hours to provide the flexibility to ensure an optimal work-life balance.