Recruitment Business Partner
At Origen we have an exciting opportunity for a Recruitment Business Partner be part of shaping the worlds future by decarbonizing hard-to-abate industry and removing CO2 from the atmosphere. We aim to be the global leader in carbon dioxide removal solutions.
Our vision is “The Atmosphere Restored.” We have successfully developed a technology to decarbonize carbon-intensive minerals production, which can be leveraged to remove billions of tonnes of CO2 from the atmosphere. This is the industrial scale needed, to mitigate the worst effects and reverse climate change.
At Origen, we believe in Blue Sky DOING, and translating thinking into action. In partnership with Singleton Birch, a leading independent lime manufacturer, we have constructed a pilot plant that demonstrates Origen’s differentiated approach to producing zero-carbon lime. We have strong traction and line of sight to follow-on commercial scale projects in both the US and UK, in the lime sector and beyond.
In addition to decarbonizing the lime sector (a 400 Mtpa CO2 emission opportunity in itself), our zero-carbon lime enables multiple pathways to carbon dioxide removal. One of those CO2 removal pathways includes the recently announced Stripe-led Frontier awarded project Calcite-Origen which will remove >1,000 tonnes of CO2 using our pilot kiln and the 8 Rivers invented Calcite air contactor. The combination of technologies is an exciting collaboration between companies and has the potential to rapidly reach giga-tonne scale at a cost of <$100/t. In parallel to this Direct Air Capture partnership, Origen continues to advance its own R&D efforts on lime-based Carbon Dioxide Removal. This has never been a better time, come join the team!
Your part to play – Origen is seeking an experienced, self-motivated Recruitment Business Partner who can embody and apply our values: Curiosity; Persistence; Collaboration; Transparency; Simplicity.
You will report into our Head of People and support Origen’s business across the world, developing internal systems where appropriate and ensuring we comply with all global regulations.
What you’ll be doing.
- Closely partner departmental & functional leaders to assess upcoming requirements and provide a recommendation on best approach to market.
- Supporting our Head of People in creation of recruitment documents & analysis (role descriptions, interview questions, salary benchmarking & analysis, talent mapping our competitors, etc.)
- Identifying high-potential candidates in the carbon removal & climate sector and developing a pipeline of candidates the business can draw upon.
- Manage the recruitment lifecycle from sign off through to successful appointment.
- Partner with hiring managers to help optimise sourcing efforts by leveraging data and taking a data-driven approach to delivering insights and recruitment data (e.g., time to hire) and identifying where we can add value and efficiencies.
- Work with the Head of People and Functional Heads to work force plan and ensure there is a robust talent pipeline in place and ‘keep candidates warm’.
- Accurately update and maintain candidates and requisition data in our ATS system (Lever) and other reports and trackers
- Establishing employer branding strategies to improve our EVP, in partnership with the Head of People.
- To be an EDI ambassador within Origen and ensure that this is intertwined with recruitment activity.
Skills & qualities we are looking for.
- Experienced recruiter, with global recruitment experience in Engineering & Science, appreciative of the challenges, taking a solution-based approach.
- Passionate about recruiting within a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to attract passive candidates and build a diverse pipeline through multiple channels
- Organised multi-tasker, comfortable working at pace and on changing priorities while maintaining a sharp eye for detail Creative problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of labour legislation, in particular of US
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confidence to build and develop relationships quickly with both internal stakeholders and external candidates.
- A passion for climate action and restoring the atmosphere.
What we can offer.
For the successful Recruitment Business Partner, a competitive salary & package (reflective of experience) is on offer including share options; bonus, and performance dialogue and reward scheme is available.
The role is home-based nevertheless we will require you to travel to meet future talent and to attend our Quarterly Team Meetings, which predominately take place in the UK. We also offer a ‘grown-up’ / common-sense approach to working-hours. Please note that you will be required to recruit globally and therefore you will need to remain flexible.