At Origen we have an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer to be part of shaping the worlds future by decarbonizing hard-to-abate industry and removing CO2 from the atmosphere. We aim to be the global leader in carbon dioxide removal solutions.
Our vision is “The Atmosphere Restored.” We have successfully developed a technology to decarbonize carbon-intensive minerals production, which can be leveraged to remove billions of tonnes of CO2 from the atmosphere. This is the industrial scale needed, to mitigate the worst effects and reverse climate change.
At Origen, we believe in Blue Sky DOING, and translating thinking into action. In partnership with Singleton Birch, a leading independent lime manufacturer, we have constructed a pilot plant that demonstrates Origen’s differentiated approach to producing zero-carbon lime. We have strong traction and line of sight to follow-on commercial scale projects in both the US and UK, in the lime sector and beyond.
In addition to decarbonizing the lime sector (a 400 Mtpa CO2 emission opportunity in itself), our zero-carbon lime enables multiple pathways to carbon dioxide removal. One of those CO2 removal pathways includes the recently announced Stripe-led Frontier awarded project Calcite-Origen which will remove >1,000 tonnes of CO2 using our pilot kiln and the 8 Rivers invented Calcite air contactor. The combination of technologies is an exciting collaboration between companies and has the potential to rapidly reach giga-tonne scale at a cost of <$100/t. In parallel to this Direct Air Capture partnership, Origen continues to advance its own R&D efforts on lime-based Carbon Dioxide Removal. This has never been a better time, come join the team!
your part to play - Origen is seeking an experienced, self motivated Process Engineer who can embody and apply our values: Curiosity; Persistence; Collaboration; Transparency; Simplicity. Reporting into the Senior Process Engineer but working within Project Level Organisations taking the lead from an Engineering Project Manager or Senior Process Engineer you will be supporting Origen to develop and deliver new kilns, based on oxy fuel calciner technology as a route to zero carbon l ime production and R&D projects Key focus on efficiency, continuous improvement and problem solving; leading and coaching problem solving through root cause analysis
What you’ll be doing
- Testing current and new processes
- Using process simulation software to work out the best methods
- Collecting data required to make improvements and modifications
- Ensuring that the products work to its specification and to appropriate capacities
- Develop and implement Process Engineering systems and standards
- Identify, develop and deliver continuous improvement activities and plant modifications
- Identify and investigate new technologies and opportunities to improve current and future processes.
- Identify and define opportunities for engineering projects, prepare and present proposal to key stakeholders, including detailed feasibility studies
- Liaising with key stakeholders and specialists within the project and external partners
skills and qualities we're looking for
- You thrive on solving problems and want to challenge the latest thinking
- You are self motivated and driven for progressive and continued learning.
- You have the ability to think creatively and solve problems, using data analys is and process skills to determine the best outcomes.
- You have the ability to grow in what can at times be an ambiguous environment with curiosity to learn and adapt as required.
- You can multi task and deliver to deadlines
- You are flexible and adaptable with excellent prioritisation, problem solving and project development skills
- You can work as part of a team but also take a proa ctive approach and can work off initiative.
- You have experience of working in a fast paced start up environment
- Bachelor's degree in an Chemical Engineering or related disciplines
- Strong knowledge of CAD/CAM/Drawing software and drafting procedures
- Project planning (GANTT charts, critical path analysis and project software tools).
- Office 365
What we can offer.
For the successful Process Engineer, a competitive salary & package (reflective of experience) is on offer including share options; bonus, and; performance dialogue and reward scheme is available.
The role is home-based however we do offer access to a nationwide network of co-working spaces and a base in the Hull area at our Pilot site. We also offer a ‘grown-up’ / common-sense approach to working-hours to provide the flexibility to ensure an optimal work-life balance.